Monday 20 January 2014

forever

The year has started off with a surge of motivation and wonderful memories. I have been putting all my energy into creating and developing, here are some examples
-I have been working on my etsy store
-creating and developing my present store
-Planning and organising shoots
-editing
-Planning short film
-Making jewellery




These are some photos of a shoot I did recently and which are about to be featured.


It seems every time I bat my eyelids, days have past. The idea of forever and how it resonates with youth has stuck in my mind recently. When I think of youth and forever, I associate it with bff's, road trips, teenagehood-a time which seems to last forever- and the endless adventures and possibilities before us. But, the sad truth is forever doesn't exist, not physically I don't think anyway, it's in our minds. I want to remember forever, the feelings of forever, the moment when I saw the light filter through the trees, or the blue haze that covered the frosted flood planes this morning; that is my forever, and I want to preserve it. I am keeping a new journal to preserve my forever and how I view forever during these times of teenage-hood. That first love or intense crush which feels like it's been a part of you 'forever'. I like that. But, it is a burden, and I am trying to figure out how to enjoy all that is 'forever'. I think 'The Perks of Being a Wallflower' is a good example of forever, as Charlie 'famously' says 'And in that moment, I swear we were infinite.'
***
This in a way is like my diary,documenting my life. But, sometimes I hesitate about what I post on here about myself, I feel insecure and slightly scared. So, if it takes me a while to post, it's because of this.
I have been very busy with all this planning for my new stores, as well as trying to be a 6th form and complete coursework deadline. Often, I imagine myself just running away to a small cottage, taking pictures for a living and being creative everyday, not having the weight of social pressures and exams. I could do this, I will do this, I'm just waiting for the right time. I dream of living in Topanga canyon, surfing and skateboarding everyday along the hot tarmac warmed by the golden Sun-i think this dream has definitely been influenced by the weetzie bat book. I will then live in Australia for a while, it seems peaceful and relaxed over there. Wherever I go, I will be by the sea.
This year sees me going on a lot of adventures, and I want more. I want to explore the world with my camera, I want to meet people.
Now, I shall end on a quote from the song 'Gypsy' by Fleetwood Mac 'To a room with some lace and paper flowers Back to the gypsy that I was.' Stevie Nicks is the guiding light in my life.


Also, this week I have had a feature of my photography, which is always nice, so you can look at that here http://balladof.co.uk/article/brand-new-art-we-heart/5671/


2 comments:

  1. I'm in love with your dreams and your idea of documenting your 'forever'. The photos look lovely; I can't wait to see the full shoot!

    http://joyagnes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am going to be releasing the photo's tonight or tomorrow. But, they were featured here http://zeum-mag.com/2014/01/21/where-secrets-hide-by-hannah-hansen/ ! It's nice to know people respect my ideas and views of the world :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...